It’s almost Cinco de Mayo and you know what that means – time for fiestas and delicious Mexican food. Shrimp tacos are a personal favorite of mine and any new recipe is a welcomed addition to my cook book. With summer right around the corner, this recipe adapted from Skinny Louisiana gives you the best of both worlds – tasty and healthy. These easy to make, healthy grilled shrimp tacos will be your new favorite dish all summer long.
Healthy Grilled Shrimp Tacos
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1/2 onion, peeled + chopped
– 10 oz – 16 oz shrimp
– 1/4 cup lime juice
– 1 teaspoon southwest spice
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1/2 cup cilantro
– 1/2 cup red and green cabbage, shredded
– sour cream (light)
– tortillas (whole wheat, low-carb, or your choice)
1. Preheat pan. Add olive oil and onions and cook until soft.
2. Add shrimp and cook about 7 minutes or until they turn pink.
3. Add lime juice and spices and leave on heat for about 2 more minutes.
4. Spoon mixture onto tortillas and add sour cream and cilantro as desired.
What’s your favorite Mexican food dish? Tell me in the comments below.
Pin It For Later: