Where has the time gone?! I feel like all my life I’ve been waiting for 2015- the year I would graduate college. Now, it’s come and gone in a blink of an eye and were already in 2016! Some amazing things happened in 2015, but I’ve started looking forward to 2016.
This year, I’m setting some New Year Resolutions. Not so much resolutions, as much as it is goals to keep in mind throughout the year. Here are 10 things I am hoping to accomplish this year! I’m happy to share them here to help hold myself accountable and spark some new ideas for anyone else looking for ideas for a fresh start to 2016.
- Start juicing. I bought a juicer on Black Friday and was so excited about it! However, it has gotten very little use since then. I’m hoping to jump start this year by experimenting with some new juice recipes.
- Finish 30 days of yoga. I have started Yoga With Adriene’s 30 Days of Yoga from last year so many times I’ve lost count! But I’ve actually never finished all thirty days. I’m accepting that some days I can’t get to it, so I would like to complete this year’s Yoga Boot Camp in at least 40 days! Plus, in general I’d like to start going to yoga classes at my local studio more often.
- Wake up earlier. I set an alarm for 6:00 every morning, but I hit snooze every 9 minutes until 7:00! There’s tons of tips out there for getting better sleep and becoming a morning person (a lot of which I found in The Happiness Project). 2016 will be the year of getting better sleep and waking up earlier.
- Set a makeup routine. In my 22 years of life, I have not yet mastered the art of applying makeup. In fact, I normally just throw on some mascara and eyeliner and call it a day. This year I’d like to figure out a makeup routine and the best products for my skin and face. Stay tuned for a new section of my blog opening up this year on natural and cruelty-free beauty products I’ll be trying out.
- Get massages. Sitting in front of a computer all day at work takes a toll on my back and neck. I keep hearing wonderful things from co-workers and friends who get massages regularly. This year I want to start getting massages every so often. I see no harm in indulging in myself!
- Do at least 1 DIY project a month. I’ve realized that I love crafting in my free time. I certainly unleashed the DIY monster this holiday season. I promise to have at least one project a month up on my blog this month!
- Try more vegan recipes. I’ve had my eye on a few vegan cook books and I’d love to try out some more completely vegan meals. My motto is always don’t knock it ’til you try it and I definitely want to try out more.
- Run a half marathon. Napa Valley Trail Marathon here I come!
- Visit three new places. I always have the travel bug, but this year I’m hoping to see three new places I never have before. I normally go away for a weekend in February, but haven’t chosen any place yet. Hopefully I see somewhere new during my visit to California again this March, and should be heading somewhere new this summer. Stay tuned!
- Read 12 new books. A book a month seems very doable to me at this point. I’m hoping to expand the book club section of my blog, so this is definitely one of my big one this year!
Any advice for taking on these goals this year? Send me your suggestions and share your own resolutions for 2016!